Saturday, January 7, 2012

Glass Etching Lesson


Well I attempted to etch two vases today. Once came out pretty good. The other I am not very happy with.

This project came from seeing a gift at our family Christmas party. The exchange gift was a vase with M&Ms in the bottom of a vase, Styrofoam at the top holding different Christmas candies on skewers. As I looked at this vase I began to think to my self that I could create a different kind of presentation of the same vase. I chose to do my on a smaller scale. I decided to create the same project but to etch designs on my vases and instead of M&Ms I was going to place a battery operated votive in the base of my vase.

I purchased an ivy vase, a small and medium flower vase. I decided I wanted to try 2 different types of etching. On the ivy vase I cut out hearts in vinyl and placed them all over the vase. I then applied the etching cream so that my images would not be etched but the vase would be.
On the smaller of my other 2 vases, I only etched my images. I did not use a lot of images on this one. the images that I did use were small. When I do this way again, I am going to make my images bigger.






No comments:

Post a Comment